VISCERAL FAT IS A HIDDEN KILLER.. “Visceral fat is the cause of all major diseases”!
Fat is a friend unless you treat it fair!
1) Subcutaneous fat (beneath the skin – about 80% of all body fat)
It is a layer of widely distributed subcutaneous tissue composed of adipocytes. They act as padding, energy reserve and also helps in thermoregulation. Basically, the parts of the body such as buttocks, palms, and soles are richest in subcutaneous fat.
2) Visceral Fat (surrounding internal organs)
Visceral fat is a jelly-like fat that wraps the major organs such as liver, pancreas, and kidney. It is also sometimes referred as accumulation of excess abdominal fat. Excess visceral fat develops the risk for many diseases.
“Visceral fat is the mother of major diseases”… Increased Inflammation, Diabetes, Heart Disease and Strokes, Dementia, Depression and Mood Problems, Obesity etc…
The mechanism of development of visceral fat can be explained with the flowchart given below:
Consumption of refined processed carbohydrates and sugary foods.
More glucose in our bloodstream- some of the glucose is stored as fat.
More glucose also trigger a larger release of insulin from pancrease.
Weight gain and more hunger.
The vicious cycle of continued eating makes it hard to stop eating.
Excess fat is stored as visceral fat around the organs.
How does Ashitaba Chalcone Japonica fight visceral fat?
The effects of Ashitaba Chalcone Japonica is basically due to the activity of individual ingredients it contains:
1) Ashitaba Chalcone & Ashitaba leaves
The plant named “Ashitaba” (Angelica keiskei in Latin) is indigenous to the Izu island chain that is a group of volcanic islands stretching south and east from the Izu Peninsula, Japan. The leaves have been consumed as a food and medicine for centuries. The rich golden sap from the stalks contains a potent cache of 20 unique flavonoids called chalcones.
Many researches show that chalcones– 4-hydroxyderricin and xanthoangelol which are contained in Ashitaba Chalcone increase Adiponectin production in our bodies. Adiponectin is a protein hormone that modulates glucose regulation and fatty acid oxidation. This hormone is exclusively secreted from adipose tissue into the bloodstream. One of the amazing effects of Adiponectin is the reduction of visceral fat. Ashitaba Chalcones can also help increase HDL Cholesterol and decrease LDL Cholesterol.
These chalcones are not only reported to reduce visceral fat but destroy cancer cells, regulate glucose level and improve the cases of dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease as well.
Average Rate Of Change Of Visceral Fat After Talking 200mg Chalcone Daily For 8 Weeks
CHALSAP-P8 is the trade name of Ashitaba Chalcone.
Nutritional Value Of The Ashitaba Plant
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS OF ASHITABA CHALCONE
• SLOWERS THE AGEING RATE
• HELPS TO PREVENT CANCER
• HELPS TO IMPROVE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
• IMPROVE THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
• HELPS TO DETOXIFY BLOOD
• CURES AND PREVENTS DIABETES
• ASHITABA CAN HELP IMPROVE METABOLISM
• IMPROVES BRAIN FUNCTION
Data: 株式会社日本生物.科学研究所 JAPAN
The two chalcones — Xanthoangelol, 4-Hydroxyderricin — can destroy cancer cells.
The cell in the movie is Human Hepatoma Cell Line, HepG2.
Control: the cell is proliferating by cell division.
Xanthoangelol induces apoptosis of HepG2. It takes a few hours.
4-Hydroxyderricin destroys HepG2 rapidly by another mechanism within one hour. And another chalcone, Isobavachalcone, induces apoptosis of neuroblastoma.
2) Fucoxanthin (Miracle from the sea)
Fucoxanthin is a marine carotenoid that is found in seaweeds including kelp, kombu (Laminaria japonica), and wakame (Undaria pinnatifida). Kelp influenced very much on Japanese cuisine and it supplied very important mineral, iodine, with Japanese, which contributed to the health of thyroid. But at that time nobody knew kelp contained “Fucoxanthin”. Fucoxanthin is a xanthophyll, like astaxanthin. But Fucoxanthin is different from astaxanthin in that Fucoxanthin promotes fat burning within fat cells in white adipose tissue by increasing the expression of thermogenin.
Basic functions of Fucoxanthin
Fat Burning: Increases a special protein called UCP1 which burns white fat cells
Maintaining Insulin: Improves insulin resistance and improves blood glucose level
Protective function: Liver and cardioprotective
Other functions: Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor
HOW DOES FUCOXANTHIN WORKS TO BURN THE FAT ?
1. By expressing UCP1 in visceral fat
Proteins called UCP1 (Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 1: uncoupling protein 1) are specifically expressed on the inner mitochondrial membrane of brown adipose cells but when we take Fucoxanthin, UCP1 is expressed in many white adipose cells, and fat is burned.
2. By Suppressing lipid Absorption
Fucoxanthin inhibits lipase activity in the gastrointestinal lumen and suppress triglyceride absorption.
3. By inhibiting pre-adipocyte differentiation to adipocytes.
Fucoxanthin suppresses differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes.
4. By enhancing expression of lipid-metabolizing enzymes
Consumption of Fucoxanthin is effective in improving lipid and cholesterol metabolism with a high-fat diet.
3) Extract of Cherry Blossom: Gift from the Goddess of Sakura
Extract of Cherry Blossom is very important to reduce pathological substance, “AGEs”, that is an abbreviation for Advanced Glycation End Products. AGEs is a generic term for products by glycation reaction. They inhibit the action of mitochondria, increase the oxidative stress there, and gradually destroy normal cells. AGEs are produced in large quantities not only at the stage of diabetes or pre-diabetes or obesity but also when taking too much sweetness. Probably 70% of the total population of this modern world suffer from AGEs.
How does Extract of Cherry Blossom work?
1. It contains two important glycosides, “1-caffeoyl-O-β-D-glucopyranoside” and “quercetin 3-O-β-D- glucopyranoside”. They suppress the production of AGEs in a dose-dependent manner. And they decrease caspase activity, which shows that fibroblast apoptosis is suppressed.
2. It prevents glycation skin damage: Glycation of collagen and elastin in the skin causes accumulation of AGEs, which results in intracellular damage from protein breakdown as the body tries to eliminate these toxic and abnormal substances. Anti-glycation effects of Sakura (Cherry Blossom) extract has been found to reduce AGEs production and loss of skin fibroblast cells by carboxylmethyl lysine (CML)-collagen induced apoptosis.
3. Anti-inflammatory effect: Caffeoyl glucose, a component of Sakura extract has shown to suppress NO production. Nitric oxide (NO) is a signaling molecule that plays a key role in the pathogenesis of inflammation. It gives an anti-inflammatory effect under normal physiological conditions.